OMNIKEY 5x27CK Developer Tool Kit Overview
The OMNIKEY 5x27CK readers provide a solution for CCID and keyboard wedge applications. CCID support allows reader installation without the need to install or maintain drivers, eliminating complex software lifecycle management issues in the field and accelerating the time to market. These devices are commonly used in printers, copiers, vending machines and access control systems.
With the keyboard wedge functionality, users of OMNIKEY 5x27CK readers can retrieve data from a card that is presented to the reader and directly input the card data into an application using keystroke emulation. This eliminates the need for customers to manually enter the card data into an application.
The Developers Center extends access to HID Global's broad developer community while also providing access to a comprehensive set of tools and documentation. These resources facilitate fast and easy integration of the OMNIKEY 5x27CK reader board or desktop reader into CCID and keyboard wedge solutions, enabling developers to become part of the Genuine HID Technology™ ecosystem. Developer Toolkit resources include:
- Detailed Product Documentation
- Application Notes
For additional information please register your License Key online.
OK5x27 Service Pack 3 is now available providing many new features including
- PIV, PIV-I, CAC, CIV, TWIC and FRAC credentials support
- CEPAS CAN (Card Application Number) support added in Keyboard Wedge Mode
- AWID low frequency credential support
- ISO14443B CSN support added in Keyboard Wedge Mode
- Password protected user interface
- Build in support for French Keyboard Layout
- Custom Keyboard layout allowing use of all language variations of keyboard layout
Please view the OK5x27 Service Pack 3 Release Notes for full details