- Company will exhibit latest products, and executives will be featured speakers on topics including the virtualization of travel documents, as driver licenses and other mobile IDs move to smartphones.
- Will display company’s new secure polycarbonate e-passport datapage solution, one of the thinnest available on the market.
- Booth attendees will learn how to meet ICAO compliance challenges with solutions that maximize security, durability, design options and configuration flexibility for machine readable travel documents.
AUSTIN, Texas, October 6, 2015 – HID Global®, a worldwide leader in secure identity solutions, will showcase the mobile ID experience on smartphones and share its latest innovations in thin secure polycarbonate e-passport datapages at the International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO) Machine Readable Travel Documents (MRTD) Conference, October 14 through 16, 2015, in Montreal. HID Global executives will be featured speakers at the conference.
HID Global will display its broad offering of government credentials and citizen ID solutions in Booth #2 at the conference, with a special focus on ICAO compliance challenges and how to meet them. The highlight is a thin polycarbonate electronic datapage at the heart of today’s high-security e-passports. HID Global’s new datapages are among the industry’s thinnest, which reduces e-passport thickness, provides increased flexibility, or provides the additional room needed to add more security features on both sides of the datapage to prevent duplication while still complying with ICAO standards.
“We’re seeing a growing global demand for more advanced electronic ID credentials as governments look to improve the citizen experience while maintaining the highest levels of security through ICAO compliance,” said Joseph Pearson, vice president of Government ID Solutions Sales, North America with HID Global. “As an industry leader in secure identity solutions, we find that conferences such as ICAO provide us with the excellent opportunity to share the latest advancements in our ICAO-compliant datapage offerings for thinner and more flexible e-passport documents. ICAO is also an ideal venue for showcasing to attendees the latest evolution in mobile identity for smartphones.”
HID Global executives will also be featured speakers in two sessions at the ICAO Conference:
- “Change is Coming: Virtualization and Travel Documents.” Rob Haslam, vice president of Government ID Solutions with HID Global, will highlight important principles that are driving policy discussion and development so that mobile driver licenses and other mobile government identities will meet the needs of users, issuing agencies, law enforcement, and other stakeholders who rely on secure IDs for a wide range of purposes. Tuesday, October 13, 2015, during the welcome reception from 5 p.m. to 7 p.m.
- "What Governments Want: Developments in Durability, Datapage Solutions and Beyond." Jorge Castrillo, senior sales director of Government ID Solutions with HID Global, will describe the key secure polycarbonate electronic datapage attributes required to meet the needs posed by rapid growth in the demand for e-passports and e-IDs made from these materials. Thursday, Oct 15, 2015, from 10:20 a.m. to 10:40 a.m. during the solutions oriented workshop.
For more information on HID Global Government ID Solutions, click here.
About HID Global
HID Global is the trusted source for innovative products, services, solutions, and know-how related to the creation, management, and use of secure identities for millions of customers around the world. The company’s served markets include physical and logical access control, including strong authentication and credential management; card printing and personalization; visitor management systems; highly secure government and citizen ID; and identification RFID technologies used in animal ID and industry and logistics applications. The company’s primary brands include ActivID®, EasyLobby®, FARGO®, IdenTrust®, LaserCard®, Lumidigm®, Quantum Secure, and HID®. Headquartered in Austin, Texas, HID Global has over 2,200 employees worldwide and operates international offices that support more than 100 countries. HID Global® is an ASSA ABLOY Group brand. For more information, visit http://www.hidglobal.com.
# # #
® HID, and the HID logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of HID Global or its licensors in the U.S. and/or other countries. All other trademarks, service marks, and product or service names are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners.
Director, Global Public Relations