- HID Global’s new RFID tag options for mounting on metal surfaces expands the potential of Internet of Things and NFC applications.
- Four new Brick Tag Ceramic UHF transponders include the smallest UHF/RAIN® tags available for discretely embedding or mounting on metal surfaces.
- The new SlimFlex™ HF OM mounts on metal and supports the new NFC -V standard.
AUSTIN, Texas, January 28, 2016 – HID Global®, a worldwide leader in secure identity solutions, today introduced new Brick Tag Ceramic UHF transponders and SlimFlex™ HF OM tags that are designed and architected to withstand environments requiring metal applications, while complying with evolving industry standards. The new tags demonstrate the company’s continued commitment to the rapid expansion of RFID solutions for industrial, Internet of Things (IoT) and near field communications (NFC) applications.
“As the market demands more security and sophisticated IoT and NFC applications, transponders must be designed to perform regardless of deployment environment, size, shape or component materials,” said Richard Aufreiter, director of product management for Identification Technologies with HID Global. “HID Global is constantly developing new and innovative tag configurations and cross-functional capabilities. The new tags are the latest examples of how we are leading the industry in RFID technology that simplifies asset management and product protection while streamlining manufacturing operations for metal tools, equipment and appliances.”
Aufreiter also cited membership in the RAIN® RFID Alliance as evidence of HID Global’s commitment to advocate the standardization of UHF RFID technology. RAIN RFID is a global organization promoting the universal adoption of UHF technology solutions across different markets.
In order to facilitate a long-lasting fixture of Brick Tags, HID Global works closely with Henkel, a leading solution provider for adhesives, sealants and functional coatings. “We collaborate in selecting the right adhesives to match the demanding environments for which the tags are designed,” said Kathrin Horstmann, Market Development Manager General Manufacturing Western Europe with Henkel. “For example, the new Brick Tag Ceramic UHF transponders are used for a specific solution that withstands medical device and industrial applications.”
Brick Tag Ceramic transponders are ideal for applications on metal assets, such as tools, weaponry and surgical instrumentation. Brick Tag features:
- Include some of the smallest UHF tags available and are available in four sizes.
- Hard exterior encasing to shield transponders from exposure to extreme conditions and.
- Optimized for both EU and US readers and 512-bit memory that is readable and writable from up to 3.3 feet (1 m).
SlimFlex HF OM (on-metal) tags are ideal for industrial applications, including safety checks on equipment for preventive and corrective maintenance. SlimFlex tag features:
- Supports the new NFC -V standard, as well as traditional industrial HF applications.
- Just over 3 inches long by 1 inch wide (83 x 25 mm), and less than a quarter-inch (6 mm) thin
- Thermoplastic elastomer housing mounts tightly with cable ties to pipes or other curved metal surfaces.
- Three mount holes per side provide great flexibility for affixing to objects.
When formatted with an NDEF data structure, SlimFlex HF OM tags are fully NFC Type 5 compliant and can be read with a smartphone.
About HID Global
HID Global is the trusted source for innovative products, services, solutions, and know-how related to the creation, management, and use of secure identities for millions of customers around the world. The company’s served markets include physical and logical access control, including strong authentication and credential management; card printing and personalization; visitor management systems; highly secure government and citizen ID; and identification RFID technologies used in animal ID and industry and logistics applications. The company’s primary brands include ActivID®, EasyLobby®, FARGO®, IdenTrust®, LaserCard®, Lumidigm®, and HID®. Headquartered in Austin, Texas, HID Global has over 2,200 employees worldwide and operates international offices that support more than 100 countries. HID Global® is an ASSA ABLOY Group brand. For more information, visit www.hidglobal.com.
# # #
® HID, the HID logo and SlimFlex are trademarks or registered trademarks of HID Global or its licensors in the U.S. and/or other countries. All other trademarks, service marks, and product or service names are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners.
Director, Global Public Relations